Candidate Preparation and What to Expect
Before the Fair
- Research which school districts and educational organizations are attending MERC.
- Develop a prioritized “target list” of schools and conduct research on anticipated job openings.
- Be aware that districts’ needs may change at any time prior to or after MERC.
At the Fair
- Check in at the Candidate Registration tables. You will receive a list of participating employers and their locations at the venue.
- Employers will utilize different formats, so follow the lead of each individual employer. Some employers have short conversations, collect resumes, and contact selected candidates at a later date, while other employers will interview candidates at their booth during MERC.
- Some employers are not able to take resumes and will direct candidates to their online application system. Connecting with the recruiter at MERC will allow you to ask questions, promote yourself, and use their name in a cover letter.
If you are a candidate with special needs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are numerous restaurants and cafés in the George Sherman Union at Boston University, as well as those located in the immediate surrounding area.